- Of Counsel
Domenick Stampone, Of Counsel to The Law Office of Rajeh A. Saadeh, L.L.C., devotes a substantial portion of his litigation practice to criminal defense and handles all issues pertaining to criminal complaints in federal, state and municipal courts ranging from white collar crimes to drug charges to DUI/DWI. He also handles a wide range of municipal and government law matters including Alcoholic Beverage Control, land use and complex tax abatements. Whether the case is leaning toward settlement or trial, Domenick is committed to helping his clients succeed.
Domenick has served as Corporation Counsel and Chief Municipal Prosecutor for the City of Paterson and as Municipal Prosecutor in the City of Passaic. He was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to serve on the District Fee Arbitration Committee for District XI as part of the Class of 2024. He is a former Assistant Hudson County Prosecutor and was a member of the Land Use Board for the Borough of Haledon.
Domenick embraces community service in a variety of roles including serving his hometown of Haledon as its Mayor since 2007. Domenick has volunteered with Oasis, a haven for women and children in Paterson. Domenick is/was a member of the American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, Hudson County Bar Association, and Passaic County Bar Association. Domenick previously served as the Hudson County representative of the Young Lawyers Division of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association and Chair of its Young Lawyers Division. Serving in professional associations with lawyers from across New Jersey has enabled Domenick to maintain lasting relationships allowing him to better represent his clients.
Domenick appeared before the United States Supreme Court as Co-Counsel for the Respondent in Heffernan v City of Paterson, 136 S. Ct. 1412 (2016).
Prior to private practice, Domenick served as the Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Elaine Davis, Presiding Judge of the Criminal Part, Hudson Vicinage (Retired).Domenick is licensed to practice law in the States of New Jersey and the United States Supreme Court. He is authorized to appear before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Municipal Law
- New Jersey, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1998
- William Paterson College, Wayne, New Jersey
- Major: History
- Major: Communication
- Heffernan v. City of Paterson, 136 S. Ct. 1412, United States Supreme Court, Co-Counsel for Respondent, Argued Jan. 19, 2016
- Criminal Law, RVCC, 2003 to 2014
- Criminal Procedure, RVCC, 2003 to 2014
- Criminology, RVCC, 2003 to 2014
- Workplace Harassment/Affirmative Action, Somerset County Police Academy, 2003 to 2010
Honors and Awards
- Mayor, Borough of Haledon (Passaic County)
- President, William Paterson University Alumni Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Trustee, 2005 to 2007
- New Jersey State Bar Association YLD, Chair, 2004 to 2005
- Hudson County Bar Association YLD, President, 2000 to 2001
- District Fee Arbitration Committee for District XI (Passaic County), Member, 04/2021 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Vincenzo Stampone, Of Counsel, 2003 to 2019
- Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, Assistant Prosecutor, 1999 to 2002
- City of Paterson Law Department - First Assistant Corporation Counsel and Chief Prosecutor (present)